The first of our series looking at Education businesses and how you can grow, sell or restructure your business and we look at the ways how you can do this. This week we start with ‘How to sell an education business’.
How to sell an education business
Have you ever thought:
- I want to retire!
- I want to sell my school/nursery/prep school/boarding school/day school/education business!
- I want to sell my education business (be it software, IT, supplies, uniforms)!
- I want to stay part of my business, but we have a property that has value - what can I do?
- We’re owned by a trust but want to sell or buy them out - what are our next steps?
- I’ve received an offer to buy my business, but don’t know what to do next.
- I want to realise some value or undertake partial equity release, but also keep growing my business - is this possible?
- How do I start succession planning?
Nexus Corporate Finance can help. We work closely with you to get a deep understanding of your business.
Who runs the business now? Will your family take over? What owner related costs are in the business? What is the business’s growth strategy? Just some of the questions we need to get to the bottom of, to understand the next steps for your business.
What management information do you have easily accessible? Can we analyse past trends, number of students, cash flow, new contract wins, any machinery issues, any closures, any recurring revenue, all dependent on your type of education business? If not, can we help you find the relevant information?
Nexus can quickly analyse your prior management information and work with you to build a forecast model - we love excel, so you don’t have to!
You may have had people offering to buy your business, but how do you know if they are offering the true value of your business? We can work with you to benchmark deals in your part of the education sector, to ensure you are getting the value you deserve.
If you haven’t had offers, you may be thinking who would buy my business? Nexus has a vast network of contacts in the education sector, as well as with financial institutions, private equity and high net worths. Working closely with you we can highlight those parties that you would be happy to work with.
This only touches the surface of what you should look at when selling your education business. Nexus Corporate Finance provides long-term advice to our clients, who may be thinking about selling their business (either now or years in the future) or are looking to grow but need advice on equity restructuring, fundraising, getting debt, or to acquire other complimentary businesses.
We allow you to continue running your business and to ensure you receive the value for your business that you deserve.