Happy New Year from Nexus Corporate Finance!
For day-to-day updates in the UK Healthcare and Education sector, follow us on twitter @Nexus_CF
Recent M&A Activity
- Cygnet Health Care have acquired Cambian Group's adult services division of c. 88 homes for £377 million.
- Business Growth Fund invested £10 million into RSK Group an engineering and environmental services group.
- EQT have acquired Independent Vet Care from Summit Partners.
- Vitruvian Partners have acquired Phlexglobal, provider of electronic Trial Master File (eTMF) systems and services to the life sciences industry, from Bridgepoint Development Capital.
- Primary Health Properties has acquired New Alderley House which houses primary care & NHS administrative services for £10.1 million.
- Sweden's SCA has acquired wound care business BSN Medical for €2.74 billion from EQT.
- Danshell Group have had a successful refinance of £26 million with HSBC.
- ERT Global have acquired Exco InTouch, creator of apps for clinical trials.
- Bridges Sustainable Growth Fund III has invested £13 million majority stake in World of Books.
- Apache Capital Partners has acquired a student accommodation development scheme worth c. £15 million in Southampton.
- MedShr, an app for medics to share information, has raised £1.5 million in their seed round fundraise.
" Forgive my indulgence, but 2016 finished on a high for me after successfully advising the shareholders of Rapidscan Pharma Solutions on their sale to GE Healthcare. The deal was more than the usual cross border rollercoaster deal concerning the commercialisation of a complex intellectual property asset played out over fifteen months with robust negotiations, but when all is said and done the transaction represents an excellent deal for both sides. The international roll-out of Rapidscan’s market leading product is accelerated by a partner with a huge geographic footprint as well as significant resources and expertise in diagnostic imaging in acute hospitals.
Is there are read through to the wider Healthcare market? Yes - if M&A is the right strategy for a business to reach its full potential, it doesn’t really matter what wider geopolitical uncertainties arise be it Trump or Brexit.
Here's looking to a great 2017! "